One year ago there were two dedicated UK job search apps. Both of these were job aggregators, including Allthetopbananas.com.
No Job Board, Rec Con or Corp had grasped the opportunity to engage with iPhone candidates.
Our recent review of the situation shows a different story today. As of the 14th June 2010 there are 32 iPhone apps providing UK job search services.
How does the space break down, who is making use of the rapidly growing potential that is Mobile Recruiting?
Breakdown of UK job search iPhone Apps
‘Other’ was made up mainly of aggregation services.
Since March 2010 there has been a 45% growth in the number of applications, whilst very few apps were released in 2009.
The current mix of Mobile Recruiting apps shows only 25% focus on vertical sectors, while the other 75% compete to support job seekers from any industry.
If the current growth trend continues we should expect circa 60 iPhone apps providing UK job searches by the end of the year.
However, our inside information suggests that the current growth trend will increase; we estimate that by Jan 2011 there will be closer to 100 UK Mobile Recruiting applications.
As we supply 50% of today’s UK iPhone Recruiting apps, I can share that there has been significant growth in downloads during the last 3 months and high activity of searches. The job seeker is ready for Mobile Recruiting – is the industry?